Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Farmer Nico

So...I know this farmer.  His name is Nico and he's pretty fly for a white guy!  He's also a Bruin!  Farmer Nico came to visit our school last year to teach the students about agriculture and healthy eating.  Farmer Nico returned this school year during this second week of school for another presentation.  I am the site coordinator for the Harvest of the Month/ Nutrition Education and Obesity Prevention Program so I plan and coordinate these kinds of events for the school.  Having Farmer Nico visit is definitely one of the high points in the day.

Before Farmer Nico left for the day, he came to my classroom to have a quick visit with my students.  He brought some seeds and cucumbers. Later on, a colleague, also a fan of Nico, came into my room.  I was boasting to her about how I was helping Farmer Nico and he shared some fruit with me.  I told her I would help him out anytime he needed assistance.  I also mentioned that he touched my shoulder several times, LOL.


Forgetting that I now teach 5th grade, some students started making that "ooooooh" sound and asked if I liked the Farmer.  I tried to keep a straight face and say that he is a very nice man.  They all started giggling and so did I.


I was caught!  Not only was I caught, I was caught by 10 year olds.  I sometimes forget how this is a grade were they really understand how to read between the lines and pay close attention to body language.


I have requested that the Farmer come back again to service the rest of the class. (--->insert dreamy sigh here)


My class is so cute!  I want to keep all 40 of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment