Sunday, August 16, 2015

Farewell Class of 2015

I know it's been a while since I last blogged.  Going to school full time and teaching full time make it difficult to share.  I had so many fond memories of my kiddos.  I suppose you could say that I took the time to live in the moment and not jump to social media.

Updates, my class originally started off with 43 kids.  It was an adventure.  There was no place for my TA to seat and I didn't even have a chair.  A large portion of the kids were my fourth graders from the previous year.  After 6 weeks with them all, it was very difficult to have half of the kids transition to another class.  At least I was able to enjoy them in the hallways and watch them continue to grow.

For the remainder of the year I only had 21 students.  I must admit it was a lot easier to visit the computer with less kids.  Parent conferences were also a lot quicker to hold.

After 9 years of teaching down, I can honestly say I had the most exceptional group of students this past year.  My students were intellectuals and very caring human beings.  Many of them have been in the same class for several years.  Culmination was difficult to hold back my emotions as my students gave amazing speeches and sang their little hearts out.

Here I am, the night before I officially begin the 2015-2016 school year.  I miss my old kiddos but I'm looking forward to creating new memories with the upcoming batch.  The current class I'll be receiving has scared off numerous substitutes teachers and gave their previous teacher a run for her money.  I have my work cut out for me and there should be tons of stories to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment